Emergencies happen. You never know what life is going to throw at you. It is better to be prepared in the event of an emergency. Here are some handy things to keep in your car at all times.
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Hazard triangle or road flares
- Tire gauge
- Jumper cables
- $20 in small bills and change
- Pen and pad of paper
- Basic tools: a multi-head screwdriver, an adjustable wrench, and a pair of pliers
- Some rags or old cloths
- Small tarp
- GPS navigation and a paper map of the area
- Tire chains
- Hand warmers
- Rain poncho
- Roll of paper towels
- Pocket knife
- Food: granola bar, energy bars, and bottles of water
Store them in a small duffel bag in your trunk so that you are ready in any emergency. If it is too difficult to make your own emergency kit, there many pre-made kits you can purchase and throw in your car.
It may seem crazy or overzealous to keep this many belongings in your car, but in an emergency, these items could save lives. Create and store your own emergency kit today. You never know when it will come in handy!