What is in your glove compartment? For most of us, our glove compartments are stuffed to the gills with old receipts, expired insurance and registration as well as a few odds and ends. But what happens when you actually need to locate your CURRENT registration and insurance in that mess? Let's go over some important things to keep in your glove compartment in tip top shape!
What should you keep in your glove compartment?
- Pen and paper
- Proof of car insurance
- Car registration
- Warranty paperwork/Roadside assistance numbers
- ICE card: In case of emergency card with info like emergency contacts, medications, allergies, etc
- Owners manual
- Tire pressure gauge
- First aid kit
- Phone charger
- Paper map
- Emergency money: $10-20 in small bills
- Keep it clean: empty it out and wipe it down often. Throw out expired materials and irrelevant papers.
- Make it functional: keep a nylon bag for your emergency accessories and a small folder for your insurance, registration, and roadside assistance.
What to keep out of your glove compartment
- Shopping Receipts
- Make up
- Expired registration and insurance
- The title to your car: this should be an no-brainer, but many make this mistake