Here are a few techniques to get those pesky bumper stickers off your car.
- Boiling Water: pour hot water over the bumper sticker to head up the adhesive and try to peel slowly from the corners.
- Chemicals: There are multiple chemical solutions to remove bumper stickers
- Vinegar:Take a cloth soaked in vinegar and place over the sticker for 3-5 minutes. Then peel.
- Solution: Take some rubbing alcohol and dish soap and soak the sticker for 10 minutes.
- WD-40: If you have an corner that you can peel back from the sticker, try to lubricate the area underneath with some WD-40. Continue to apply the lubricant as your peel back the sticker. This should help in breaking the seal of the sticker.
- Blow Dryer: Heat the sticker for 30 seconds or more. Avoid high heat, as this will damage your paint.
Bumper stickers can be a fun way to make a statement with your car. However, the best way to to prevent damage to your car is to avoid bumper stickers altogether. The longer a sticker is left on, the harder it is to remove and the more likely it is to cause permanent damage to your car's paint job.
- Very caustic or acidic chemicals: these will damage the paint of your car
- Peeling the sticker straight up. Make sure that when you are peeling the sticker off, pull the sticker back on itself and pull at an angle.
- Very high heat. While heat is good at loosening the adhesive, it can also cause damage to your paint.
- Razor blades. Yes, it is tempting to grab a razor blade to scrape off the sticker and the little bits it leave behind, however, your paint can easily be scratched by the sharp blade.
Picture courtesy: https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6394720256/h179D18F9/